Apple watch series 4 comes with a great battery life. With upto 18 hours of all day battery life. If you are an avid runner then you will be glad to know that it comes with 6 hours of battery backup while using GPS & LTE services.
It is one of the best wearable tech in the world now. The battery backup is good enough for most people but you still have to charge it daily if you go out for an outdoor run or workout.
Charging the Apple watch is fairly simple and quick. There are two ways that you can charge your apple watch: using Wireless magnetic charger or wired charger.
You can charge Apple watch series 2, Apple watch 3 and Apple watch 4 using the magnetic charging cable. Keep in mind that only Apple watch series 3 and Apple watch series 4 support wireless charging.
I have heard certain rumours that you can also charge your Apple watch 1 and series 2 using standard Qi charger but that claim is false as Apple watch can only be charged using original charger which is till now not supported by both Apple watch 2 and first generation Apple watch.
In the below post, I will show you how to charge Apple watch series 4. Just the follow the below guide to know how you can properly charge your new Apple watch 3 or series 4:
How To Charge Apple Watch Series 4
Follow the Below steps to know the procedure for charging apple watch series 4:
- Firstly, you have to take off your Apple watch from your wrist.
- Secondly, you have to attach the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable (for wired connection) or plug the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into its USB power adapter
- Now connect the Magnetic adapter into a power outlet or you can also plug the charging cable into a USB connection of your Mac or PC or even power bank.
- After connecting the charger to the outlet, you have to position your Apple Watch correctly on the magnetic charger or charging dock.
- After placing the Apple watch on the magnetic charger, just wait for the green indicator to know if the Apple watch is charging or not.
- A green indicator will confirm that the Apple watch is charging and is positioned correctly on the Magnetic dock or magnetic charger.
- Now, You have to wait for some time depending upon the battery percentage of your Apple watch to get fully charged.
It may take a little while before it gets 100 percent charged and also, Apple watch automatically goes into Night mode when charging. So, if you want to check any notifications or time, just tap on the bolt.
According to Apple, Your Apple watch can go from 0% to 80% charge in just 90 minutes and reach 100% charge in about 2.5 hours. So, if you want to go for an outside run, you have to charge it at least 30 minutes before the planned workout session.
Yes, you can charge your Apple Watch 4 or Series 3, or Apple watch 5 wirelessly using Apple’s own Magnetic dock (Which is not proper wireless charging dock) or you can also use mophie 3-in-1 wireless charging pad and Scosche BaseLynx Charging System Pro Kit. Both of these wireless charging docks are compatible with all these Apple Watch Models:
– Apple Watch Series 5
– Apple Watch Series 4
– Apple Watch Series 3
– Apple Watch Series 2
– Apple Watch Series 1
Yes, indeed. You can charge your Apple watch any number of times. The charging frequency of an Apple watch mostly depends on your daily usage. So, depending upon the daily usage of Apple Watch’s battery you can always attach your apple watch at night to the charging dock so that it gets fully charged overnight.
Check if the charger cable is properly connected or not. Secondly, change the cable and use the standard provided cable to confirm if the cable is in working condition or not.
Also, have a look out for any dust under your apple watch or the magnetic strip. And if there’s any just clean it with a soft cloth.
If it is still not working, reset the apple watch by Pressing and holding both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.