Do you want to type a degree symbol (12˚ ) or the temperature symbol (40°C) in your Mac OS but couldn’t find a way? Then you are in the right place. Typing a degree symbol on a MacBook, Windows PC, iPhone or any other device is quite easy but most of the users find it very difficult, because the degree symbol or the temperature symbol is not easily visible.
If you know the proper shortcut for the degree symbol, you will be able to easily type the degree symbol on your Mac or an iPhone.
Below article deals with the quickest and easiest way to type degree symbol on a Mac, iPhone or an iPad. We will use the Degree Symbol Keyboard Shortcut which is a system setting in Mac OS X and iPhone also. You can use this shortcut on all of the latest iPhone like iPhone X, iPhone 11 Pro and even on the oldest iPhone models like iPhone 8 or iPhone 6.
Below we present our guide which tells you how to type degree symbol on mac and iPhone without any effort. There are two ways to go about it and both the options will work in every Mac or iOS applications like: Mail, Web browsers, iMessage, Whatsapp or Skype.
Typing degree symbol on mac
So, there are two keyboard shortcuts on MacBook which you can use to type degree and temperature symbol. Both symbols are different to one another and are used in different contexts.
- Option+Shift+8 – Pressing this combination of key on your Mac keyboard will produce result like this: Temperature Symbol: 32°
- Option+K and this combination will generate a symbol like this: Degree Symbol: 24˚
- So, I have used both these degree and temperature symbols on one number to show you how different these symbols are to each other. So in 13°˚, the first symbol is a temperature symbol and the latter is a degree symbol.
Both these keyboard shortcuts on your MacBook Pro or Air are universal and will work in every app. It doesn’t matter if you are using a browser or writing software, you will be able to write these degree and temperature symbols with these keyboard shortcuts without any problem. Apps with which these symbols can be useful are Pages, Messages, Word, Safari, Chrome, or even in Xcode.
How to Type Degree or Temperature Symbol on Mac
If you want to type a degree symbol on Macbook then you can try the below shown steps to type temperature or degree symbol in Mac software’s like: iMessage, Notes, Mail, Pages, Microsoft Office, Safari and many more.
- First open an application or a software where you want tp type the degree symbol on the Mac.
- Select the position with your cursor in the app where you want to add the symbol
- Now according to your preference press the keyboard combination which is shown below to write the degree temperature symbol
- First command is for degree symbol and the second command is for temperature symbol.
- Option + K
- Option + Shift + 8
You can now type the degree symbol with that ease. I personally use Option + Shift + 8, because its the easiest one to remember and is slightly bigger in the size ° than the ˚. So, if you are trying to write current temperature or want to use it for your Mathematic equations, you can just press these keyboard shortcuts to type the degree symbol faster.
- How to restart apple watch 4Sometimes Apple watches don’t respond and the easiest way to solve this problem […]
- How to charge apple watch series 4Apple watch series 4 comes with a great battery life. With upto 18 […]
Type the Degree Symbol on iPhone with iOS Keyboard
We have just described above in the article, how can you type a degree symbol on a MacBook. And now for the iPhone, it is also pretty easy and simple.
You don’t have to install any apps on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to type the degree symbol, it is already present on the iOS virtual keyboard but is not visible to the common users which sometimes frustrates them.
Typing the degree or temperature symbol on the iPhone or iPad is relatively easy and the below steps will show you how you can access and write the degree symbols on your iPhone or iPad.
Follow the below steps:
- Open any app where you want to type the degree symbol on your iPhone and then open the keyboard by tapping on the text box.
- Now tap on the “123” button to change the alphabetic keyboard to the numerical keypad
- Now to write the degree sign on your iPhone or iPad you have to tap and hold the 0 (zero) key.
- Now just your finger over to the ° symbol which has appeared in the pop-up menu.
Now just release the button after the ° degree symbol is displayed on the screen. This is how you can type ° Degree Symbol On iPhone With IOS Keyboard.
And if you know of any other method of writing the degree or temperature symbol in Mac OS or iPhone, you share it with us in the comments below!