Sometimes Apple watches don’t respond and the easiest way to solve this problem is to restart your Apple watch. If your Apple watch is running slow and has glitches while opening certain applications or settings then you can restart or force restart your Apple watch Series 4 or Apple watch Series 5 to fix the issue.
The simple restart or force restart also comes in handy when you are facing problems with your Apple watch while connecting to iPhone. Most of the connection issues between iPhone and Apple watch could be fixed by simply restarting the Apple watch.
So , to fix any software related issues it is always advisable to first restart or force restart your Apple watch 4 and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Now, without any further due, I am going to show you how you can restart your Apple watch 4 or 5. Just follow the below steps to force restart your Apple watch 4:
How To Restart Apple Watch 4
- Firstly, to restart your Apple Watch 4, you have to press and hold the button on the side of Apple watch 4.
- Now you will see the on/off symbol on the display, just drag it to the right side of the watch screen.
- Your Apple watch 4 is now turned off.
- In order to turn on Apple watch 4 again, just press and hold the Apple watch’s Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Now press the Digital Crown button to unlock the Apple watch screen.
- You may have to enter the Passcode to unlock the screen.
- Your Apple watch has been turned on and the restart procedure is complete for now.
Force restart your Apple Watch
If you are not able to use your Apple watch or it is still not responding then you can force restart your Apple watch 4. But make sure that you have tried restarting your Apple watch before proceeding to Force restart.
NOTE: Also, don’t force restart your apple watch while updating watchOS.
- To force restart your Apple Watch
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital crown on the Apple watch simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons after you see the Apple logo on the watch screen.
You have now successfully forced restart your Apple watch 4 or Apple watch 5.