Apps play a very important role in iOS as compared to android mobiles. As we know that in iPhones there is no such system like RAM management. It is totally based on mobile’s internal memory. So, removing apps from iPhone is a better way to manage the storage of the device. Follow the below steps to know how to delete apps on iPhone xr?
Sometimes we face some errors while installing, updating or deleting apps. These errors can occur due to many reasons such as software issues or network issues etc. But we don’t need to worry. Every problem has its solution.
Suppose you are a new iOS user having an iPhone XR and you are facing a problem while deleting apps.
How to delete apps on iPhone xr
Just follow these simple steps and fix your problem.
Here are some ways to deal with the errors that occur during deleting apps.
Method 1: This is for deleting third party apps on iPhone XR
- Press and hold the target app icon until it jiggles.
- Tap X on the top left corner of the app.
- Press Delete to confirm.
Note: sometimes on deleting the third party app. when you hold the app icon its quick action menu list gets opened. In that case you just need to tap outside the quick action menu list. Then press & hold the app icon to exit.
More methods to delete pre installed apps on iPhone XR.
Method 2: All apps
This method is just similar to the previous one. You just need to
- Go to the home screen.
- touch and hold the target app until it jiggles.
- press delete to confirm.
- After deleting, press home to stop jiggling apps.
- Go to phone settings from Home screen of the mobile
- Go to general
- Go to iphone storage
- Select the Target app
- Tap offload app or delete app (x sign will do the trick)
There is some difference in offloading app and deleting app
While offloading the selected app. you get the option of restoring data and files of that app on the time of reinstall.
Whereas on deleting selected apps you will not get such an option of restoring data. All of your files and data will be permanently deleted with the app.
Method 4: Using iTunes
This method is used to delete apps in XR by using itunes on the computer.
Note: This method is mostly used when you face errors in deleting apps from mobile.
For this you need a computer running on the operating system which is compatible with your iPhone XR and must have the latest itune version.
Now you need to
- Plug apple iPhone XR to computer via USB or lightning cable.
- Open itunes on computer.
- Select iPhone XR when it appears in itunes.
- Click on apps under the settings section on the left side of itunes screen.
- Now a list of apps will appear on the right side of itunes screen.
- Double click the home screen to select the apps that you want to delete.
- Click on the target app then the X button on the top left side will appear.
- Press X to delete the target app.
- Press X or delete to confirm.
- click on the apply button on itunes screen to end up.
Now reboot your device in order to clear up some cache files and refresh the operating system.
How to restore accidentally deleted apps on iphone XR ?
Just follow these steps in order to restore deleted apps.
- Tap app store icon from home screen.
- Search name of the app that you want to restore.
- Tap on the cloud icon or Get button to restore the app.
Now you can see on the Home screen that the app is ready to use again.
Note: If you face any error while deleting or restoring apps, just reboot your iPhone XR and try again. If the error continues then you can visit the site’ troubleshooting page given below.
you just need to fill our questionnaire and submit it in order to contact us and we will fix your problem as soon as possible.