Want to delete Instagram account on iPhone permanently? You can also disable or deactivate an Instagram account on iPhone temporary for days or weeks.
Deleting your Instagram account is a big decision. After all, you’ve probably been using it for years and have built up a loyal follower base. Plus, deleting your Instagram account will remove your profile, photos and all of your comments from the social network completely. Here’s how to delete an Instagram account forever on iPhone or deactivate your account temporarily on iPhone.
There are no doubt plenty of Instagram users that only want to use Instagram for a brief period of time. In the early stages, this is fine. However, when your interest starts fading and you have no intention of using Instagram anymore, but you don’t want to lose your photos or your account data, then it’s probably a good time to delete your Instagram account permanently.
I’ll quickly walk you through how to do so with the iPhone app. If you haven’t already read my tutorial on how to empty out your library and deactivate your account (temporarily), then follow the link here .
Recently, Instagram has rolled out a new feature called “Download Your Data”, which allows users to download all their data to their device . This is a good thing as a lot of viral contents are posted on the platform. However, there is one glitch in this feature.
So you’ve read my guide to what should and shouldn’t be posted on Instagram and now you’ve decided to delete your account? We’re a bit old-fashioned here, so why don’t you do it properly? And by that we mean letting us have a copy of all your photos and videos.
If you’ve been on Instagram for a while, chances are you have built up a decent following and have lots of photos in your gallery. To make sure that you don’t lose all the hard work you’ve put into your images, it is a good idea to download them before deleting your account.
How to delete your Instagram Account on an iPhone
I’ve discovered a fast and easy method to delete your Instagram account on an iPhone. All it takes is a few taps on your iPhone and your Instagram deactivation will be complete. This method works on iPhone 11, iPhone X, XR, 12, 12 Pro Max, iPhone SE and all other latest iPhone’s and iPad’s.
1. Open Safari on Your iPhone.
2. Copy and go to this link http://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent
3. Now enter your Instagram Username and Password to login to your account.
4. Now from the drop-down list and select any option that why you want to permanently delete your Instagram account.
5. You might have to re-enter password. Tap on “Permanently delete my account” .
6. Now tap OK to confirm that you want to delete your Instagram account and all the data, messages will also be permanently deleted.
Tap “OK” and your account will be deleted.
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account on an iPhone
1. Open any Web Browser on iPhone 11, iPhone X, XR, 12, 12 Pro Max.
2. Now Copy and Open this link on your iPhone: http://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request.
You might have to login or re-enter your Instagram password.
3. Selecting any reason from the list that why you are disabling Instagram account.
4. Enter your password again, and tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”
When you press the button, your photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate your account by logging back in.
5. Tap Yes to re-confirm. Your Instagram is now Temporarily disabled until you login again using your Username and password.
How to delete the Instagram app from iPhone
- Deleting an Instagram app from any iPhone is very simple.
2. Just go to the app you want to delete and hold the app until it starts jiggling.
3. Then, Tap the ‘x’ on the Instagram app.
3. Tap “Delete.”
How to download your data on Instagram: Photos and Comments
1. Open the Instagram app on iPhone.
2. Tap the three lines in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll to bottom, and tap “Settings”.
4. Go to “Security” settings.
5. Looks for Data and History option, tap “Download Data.”
6. Now you have to enter the Email where you want to receive the data file.
Wait for 1-3 days and then delete the account or Instagram app.