Group text on iPhone or any other smartphone is the easiest and most convenient feature to have. You can easily and instantaneously send messages to groups of people, family or friends without wasting any time. By using group messages features you can plan events and can share any information with more than two people with just a single message. You will not have to type the message again and again instead you can use the imessage group text feature or Whatsapp group text feature to efficiently manage the message communication between a large number of people.
Most famous Operating systems like iOS and Android do support group text or group chat which is one of the best and easiest modes of communication for sending single or multiple texts to a couple of friends.
Moreover, Social sites like facebook and WhatsApp on iOS and Android also support the group text or group chat feature. One key thing to note that you can also add more people even after the group text or group chat has already been started.
Nowadays, there are many uses of the group text or group chats. Not only family or friends use this group text messaging, but big companies also use this texting feature to manage their managers and teams. So, all in all it is a very handy feature for communicating and coordinating with friends, family and large groups.
How to add someone to a group text
If you don’t know how you can manage and use this group texting feature on iPhone, iPad, Android, Facebook or Whatsapp? Follow the below methods to learn and apply it yourself. Now follow the steps below.
1: iMessages (iPhone/iPad)
From the above detailed available information you must know that it is very easy to add individuals to your group text or chat. Follow the below method to add a new member to the group text chat in iMessage app on your iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 8, iPad or iPad Pro.
NOTE: You must note that if the group has already started and it already has 8 members then you will not be able to add more people to the group text on the iPhone or iPad. If the number of added friends in the group text chat on your iPhone or iPad or less than 8 then you can add any new members to the group until it reaches the limit of 8.
Adding people to a group text in imessage on iPhone/iPad
- open up the Messages app on iPhone or iPad.
- Next, go to the group text and open the group chat where you want to add the person.
- Now click on the contact icons which you can see at the top of the text.
- Now you will see options like Audio, FaceTime, or Info.
- Tap on the info option.
- You can now see the members which are currently added in your group text
- Just scroll down to the bottom of the list and Tap on + Add Contact
- A new prompt will appear on the screen in which you have to add the contact information for the member which you are adding.
- After adding all the information just press Done.
- You have now added a new member to the iMessage group text chat.
Please make sure that all of the added people are using iOS devices and the iMessage service is turned on, otherwise this group text feature will not work.
If you want to add a new friend to the group text but the limit of 8 is reached or you can’t use iMessage for your conversation then you must create a new group by manually adding their numbers. Follow the below steps to create a group text of 8 or more people without using iMessage.
- Open Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now press the New Message which you can see at the top right corner of the screen
- Now manually add every individual in the To field that you want to be included in the group chat.
- After adding the numbers just type a message and click on send.
- A new Message group has now been created on your iPhone or ipad and you can instantly start using it.
Please note that this method uses a mobile network messaging plan not the data plan. So, you should have a mobile plan that comes with messaging also. Also, you can always use the iMessage app for group text but it is restricted to 8 or less users.
If in the future you want to add a friend or family member to the group text, you have to create a new group again by manually adding the numbers.
Cannot add more people to a group chat in iMessage:
2: Facebook Messenger
The facebook messenger is one of the best apps for group messaging or chatting. Different from the iMessage or other apps, facebook messaging comes with a lot of features and is not inclusive to a single OS. Unlike iMessage or other stock android messaging apps, facebook messenger is a lot easier to use and is less restrictive towards how many people you can add to the group text or chat. It is also a lot easier to use and works great on all mobile platforms be it, iOS or Android.
Adding people to a group text on facebook messenger on iphone or Android:
- Tap on the group chat in which you want to add a new user.
- Now tap on the name of the group chat
- Now Go to the Preferences settings and tap on the See Group Members section.
- Now you have to press the Add Person button which can be seen at the top right of the display.
- Now you can scroll through the list and add any number of friends.
- You can also add multiple numbers of people using contact list or can even search for the people which are not yet connected to you.
You can also use the Facebook Messenger invite feature to add the person to your group chat which then sends the link to people you want to add. They can click on the link and can decide if you want to join the group text or not.
You can use any of these group chat apps according to your needs and convenience. In comparison to iOS iMessages, the facebook messenger is much more open and feature studded but because of its stock availability imessage is more secure and convenient to use for iOS users with small groups.