Updating your iPhone 11 should be a routine practice. Updating iOS is very important because there are always improvements being made, which will help to boost your iPhone’s performance and speed.
Oftentimes the updates also address issues that Apple has discovered to ensure a better user experience. When you have important software updates available for your iPhone 11, it’s time to download those upgrades from Apple so you can enjoy all of the latest features and functionality.
Apple has released new versions of iOS for the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. These updates include security enhancements, bug fixes, and feature enhancements.
To take advantage of these improvements, make sure your Apple device is charging and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then follow these steps to install software updates automatically or manually on the iPhone 11 series.
Steps to Update iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max Wirelessly
The Apple smartphone contains everything you want and everything you need, but with every major iOS release, it is easy to feel overwhelmed, especially when you’re trying to find the right software update. Here’s a step by step guide to updating your device with the most up-to-date version of iOS . This method includes getting the latest software update for iPhones.
To get the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, connect your device to a power source,
- Open Settings > General,
- Tap Software Update.
- As long as your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and you’ve charged it enough to complete the update, you can update wirelessly.
If you see an alert message while trying to update your iPhone wirelessly, follow the steps in this article.
Set up automatic Updates for iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max
When your device gets an update, you see a notification on the screen. You can choose whether to install the update immediately or wait until later. Updates are always installed at night when your device is plugged in and connected to Wi-Fi.
Apple lets you manage all aspects of your iPhone or iPad with greater control. You can use Automatic updates to keep your device software up to date, allowing it to download apps, music, albums, videos and more.
To set up automatic updates:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Automatic Updates, then turn on Download iOS Updates.
- Enable Install iOS Updates.
Steps to Update iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max Using Mac
Before you update
- Back up your iPhone 11 using iCloud.
- Check that your computer is running macOS Catalina or later. Update your MacBook
- Connect your Mac to a Wi-Fi network.
Update your iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max using your computer
- Open Finder window on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone 11 to your Mac PC.
- Select your iPhone 11 in the left sidebar of the Finder.
- Click General, then click Check for Update.
- Select Download and Update.
- Follow the instructions
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
Update your iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max using iTunes and Windows PC
- Open iTunes on your Mac or on Windows PC.
- Connect iPhone 11 to your Mac or Windows PC.
- Click the device button in iTunes toolbar.
- Under Summary tab, click Check for Update.
- Now Click on Download and Update.
- Follow the instructions.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
That’s how you can Update iPhone 11 and other iOS devices with ease.
Whether you use an iPhone or iPad, you’ll probably want to consider upgrading your device’s software. That’s because there are new features, security updates, and bug fixes waiting on the other side. Apple typically refreshes its software about once a year.
Upgrading is a quick and easy process. Most of the time, you’ll see a pop-up in the iOS or iPad system tray when a new software update is available. You can also check the “Software Update” section under “General” settings in the Settings app to see if your device is up-to-date.
If you’ve upgraded your iPhone 11 or any Apple device and would like to share your experience on our blog please use the contact form below and we’ll publish it.